Articles on this Page
- 11/02/16--03:45: _The Fire Sale: Week 9
- 11/08/16--01:45: _THE FIRE SALE: Week 10
- 11/15/16--00:15: _THE FIRE SALE: Week 11
- 11/22/16--04:00: _THE FIRE SALE: Week 12
- 11/29/16--01:30: _THE FIRE SALE: Week 13
- 12/12/16--22:00: _THE FIRE SALE: Week 15
- 12/20/16--02:00: _THE FIRE SALE: Week 16
- 10/24/17--09:22: _THE FIRE SALE: Week...
- 10/31/17--08:37: _THE FIRE SALE: Week...
- 11/07/17--09:02: _THE FIRE SALE: Week...
- 11/14/17--08:01: _THE FIRE SALE: Week...
- 11/28/17--08:29: _THE FIRE SALE: Week...
- 12/05/17--10:20: _THE FIRE SALE: Week...
- 12/12/17--09:02: _THE FIRE SALE: Week...
- 12/19/17--09:38: _THE FIRE SALE: Fant...
- 12/26/17--07:27: _THE FIRE SALE: 2017...
- 05/03/18--05:21: _THE FIRE SALE: Rook...
- 05/21/18--06:01: _THE FIRE SALE: Earl...
- 08/23/18--09:08: _THE FIRE SALE: Wake...
- 09/05/18--06:19: _THE FIRE SALE: Week 1
- 11/02/16--03:45: The Fire Sale: Week 9
- 11/08/16--01:45: THE FIRE SALE: Week 10
- 11/15/16--00:15: THE FIRE SALE: Week 11
- 11/22/16--04:00: THE FIRE SALE: Week 12
- 11/29/16--01:30: THE FIRE SALE: Week 13
- 12/12/16--22:00: THE FIRE SALE: Week 15
- 12/20/16--02:00: THE FIRE SALE: Week 16
- 10/24/17--09:22: THE FIRE SALE: Week 8 Going Up and Coming Down
- 10/31/17--08:37: THE FIRE SALE: Week 9 Going Up and Coming Down
- 11/07/17--09:02: THE FIRE SALE: Week 10 Going Up and Coming Down
- 11/14/17--08:01: THE FIRE SALE: Week 11 Going Up and Coming Down
- 11/28/17--08:29: THE FIRE SALE: Week 13 Going Up and Coming Down
- 12/05/17--10:20: THE FIRE SALE: Week 14 Playoff Starts and Pickups
- 12/12/17--09:02: THE FIRE SALE: Week 15 Playoff Starts
- 12/19/17--09:38: THE FIRE SALE: Fantasy Super Bowl Starters
- 12/26/17--07:27: THE FIRE SALE: 2017 Hits and Misses
- 05/03/18--05:21: THE FIRE SALE: Rookie RB Breakdown
- 05/21/18--06:01: THE FIRE SALE: Early ADP Madness
- 08/23/18--09:08: THE FIRE SALE: Wake up the 2018 Sleepers
- 09/05/18--06:19: THE FIRE SALE: Week 1
It’s with great regret I announce this will be my final season writing The Fire Sale. Due to reasons beyond my control, I’ll be stepping down from a majority of my writing obligations after the 2016 NFL season. Thank you for following and reading my work. It’s greatly appreciated. I’ll post an official Thank You ...
Last week I mentioned this will be my final season writing The Fire Sale. I received a lot of nice comments on Twitter. I really appreciate all the support over the years and thanks to those of you who took the time to say something. If you have any questions or comments, hit me up ...
The country is in an uproar. People are mad as hell. They don’t like the way things are and they’re demanding change. My advice is to shut up. Stop you’re crying. Stop you’re bitching and moaning. Stop whining on social media. This is the way things are now. Deal with it. The Dallas Cowboys are ...
It’s the best time of year. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. It feels just like yesterday that I was celebrating the end of summer. Now I’m firing up the snow blower. That can only mean fantasy playoffs are around the corner. In this edition of The Fire Sale I’m going to look ...
It’s nearing the end for me. Just three more Fire Sales left before I hang it up. I can’t believe Gus Bradley is going to outlast me. That hurts. Fantasy playoffs are right around the corner. Then we get to sit back and watch that Cowboys/Raiders Super Bowl. That will be fun. Now on with ...
I’m down to my final two Fire Sales. Next week will be my last hurrah after almost 20 years. I’m just glad I outlasted Jeff Fisher. That guy is so lucky he got fired one game before setting the record for most losses by an NFL head coach. I wish I was better at kissing ...
The end is finally here. After 18 years, this is my final Fire Sale. I started this column to make some funny football observations. During its existence, The Fire Sale has been featured on five different web sites, including SI.com and my final home here at Fantasy Sharks. I appreciate everyone that’s followed this column. ...
I still don’t even understand this entire situation. So Lynch and Marcus Peters are cousins, or they may be cousins, or they call each other cousins or they’re third cousins on their mother’s side. Whatever the situation is, if you’re defending Lynch, your mind has been polluted.
I own Ezekiel Elliott in every league. His suspension got upheld just before I sent this article in. I gambled and now it’s time to pay up. I’m sure Darren McFadden will be almost as good. You can’t see me but I’m literally crying.
I’ve been critical of Jameis Winston over the last two years. I think he’s one of the most overrated players in recent memory. Some of you probably agree with me and some of you probably disagree. I will now give my closing argument…
I should just give Fox a Bonehead Lifetime Achievement Award. Fox couldn’t beat the Packers with Brett Hundley at quarterback. Listen, that’s as good as it’s ever going to get.
Drake gained 47 yards and scored a touchdown last week against the Patriots after Williams got hurt. He’ll now handle most of the touches in the Dolphins backfield. I’m not a big believer in Drake being an every-down NFL running back but he’s really all Miami has for the rest of the season if Williams is out.
The last time Carr faced the pathetic Chiefs pass defense he threw for 417 yards and three touchdowns. Even if Amari Cooper sits, Michael Crabtree will be back. Carr also has tight end Jared Cook. Okay, the last line was a joke but Carr is still a Top 10 quarterback play this week.
Jonathan Stewart now has five touchdowns in his last three games. We can’t expect Stewart to put up those numbers every week since he’s topped 70 yards rushing just twice all year. However, Stewart’s next two games are against the Packers and Buccaneers.
Who is the highest-rated quarterback over the last three weeks? I’ll give you a hint, it’s not that “franchise” quarterback and “leader” Jameis Winston. It’s Blake Bortles.
As always, I’ll close out 2017 with my top three hits and misses. There were some great calls (Alvin Kamara) and some bombs (A.J. Derby). Thank you all for following my column. Next year will be the 20th season of The Fire Sale. It says a lot that something so mediocre has lasted 20 years.
I’m a big fan of both Georgia running backs and I like where each ended up. Some might look at Sony Michel and think he has too much competition for touches with James White and Rex Burkhead in the same backfield. Not me. Bill Belichick doesn’t use first-round picks on guys he doesn’t expect to contribute right away.
In this edition of The Fire Sale, I look at some ADPs that are off compared to how I have players ranked for the upcoming season. Things can change over the next couple of months but as of right now, these are the ADPs that have me scratching my head.
It’s here. The time has come for me to release my award-winning 2018 fantasy football sleepers list. I also want to point out this is the 20th year of The Fire Sale. I’m fortunate enough to make a living writing about sports in my underwear and none of it would be possible without the Fire ...
We did it! It’s back. Thank the lord above Sundays will now revolve around my recliner, sweatpants, a meatball sub and seven hours of the Red Zone channel. I kissed my wife and kids goodbye and told them I’ll be back in February. What a time to be alive. I always claimed the “Fire Sale” ...